Global Health Seed Grants – Request for Proposals
The Center for Global Health and Social Responsibility (CGHSR) at the University of Minnesota requests proposals for global health research projects for our Global Health Seed Grants program.
Every spring, CGHSR requests proposals for annual awards up to $25,000 to catalyze innovative global health research projects. CGHSR prioritizes projects that advance new research opportunities, particularly those based in Africa, Asia, and Latin America/Caribbean.
Learn more about Global Health Seed Grants
2023 Seed Grant Tracks
This year, in addition to the annual CGHSR global health grants, there is a special interest call for research projects specifically pertaining to women's health.
- (A) Global Health Call – for research on any global health topic in Africa, Asia, Latin America, or the Caribbean.
- (B) 2023 Special Interest: Women's Health – in collaboration with the Medical School's Center for Women’s Health Research, we will offer up to 2 additional grants on topics in women's health:
- focus on global women’s health
- focus on aging women’s health with global-local interdisciplinary research
Discover How to Apply
Seed grants in Global Health and Women's Health are available to faculty at the University of Minnesota from any school, college, or discipline. Projects must propose health sciences research studies.
- Interested applicants may submit an optional letter of intent by April 28
- Proposals are due by May 19
- Proposals will be selected through a competitive peer-review process
- Applicants will be notified of their funding by the end of June 2023
- Funding will be available July 2023