2017-18 Global Health Faculty Travel Award Recipients
Congratulations to our 2017-18 Global Health Faculty Travel Award Recipients!
We are pleased to announce the recipients of the 2017-18 round of Faculty Travel Award funding:
- Andres Perez, College of Veterinary Medicine, to host Dr. Tongkorn Meeyam, Chiang Mai University, Thailand at the UMN to contribute to a grant proposal on capacity building of veterinary services at a global scale.
- Jameel Winter, Medical School, to continue and expand research and clinical partnerships in Cambodia and explore the impact changing environment and ecosystem are having on child health.
- Keith Horvath, School of Public Health, to explore potential collaboration in using current and emerging technologies to address HIV health outcomes with The Medical Concierge Group and the Infectious Disease Institute, Uganda.
- Charles Salmen, Medical School, to host Joel Magioki Oguta, OHR-Ekialo Kiona Center, Kenya at the UMN to explore interdisciplinary collaboration to advance research for health, food security, and climate change resilience.
- Olihe Okoro, College of Pharmacy-Duluth, to host Tom Ngabirano, Makerere University, Uganda, at the UMN to explore collaboration in multidisciplinary approaches to HIV and chronic disease prevention, treatment and management.