AHC Global Health Seed Grants: Research in Uganda
The Center for Global Health and Social Responsibility (CGHSR) requests proposals for new research projects based in Uganda where the AHC maintains a hub of innovation to advance new research and educational opportunities. The goals of these seed grants are to:
- Seed new research studies by UMN faculty from the health sciences that have potential to attract future funding from external sources;
- Create a mechanism to involve students in faculty-led international research studies;
- Encourage interdisciplinary research across the health sciences;
- Support new partnerships between UMN faculty and institutions in Uganda, including but not limited to Makerere University.
Grants are available to Assistant, Associate or Full Professors in the University of Minnesota Academic Health Center. Prior global health research experience is not required. Each application must have a single PI. Each faculty member may submit only one application as a PI. However, there is no limit to the number of applications on which a faculty member could participate as a co-investigator. Faculty Travel Awards recipients are encouraged to apply.
Required elements of the proposal:
- Research activities that take place in Uganda
- Include UMN student(s) in global health research activities
- Include a co-investigator with an appointment at a Ugandan institution
Preference is given to proposals that include:
- Co-investigators with diverse expertise from a variety of health science disciplines
- Investigators who are new to research or partnerships in Uganda
- Include Makerere University students in research activities. If you require assistance recruiting students, please contact Martha Kandole with requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A health issue of known relevance in Uganda
Applications are now closed for the 2017 award cycle. Please check back in early 2018.
Please see the Seed Grant RFP for details and instructions.
All other questions may be directed to Molly McCoy at email@example.com.
The University of Minnesota Academic Health Center (AHC) established the Uganda Hub in August 2015. The Hub is anchored by a strong collaboration between the University of Minnesota and Makerere University that has been growing since 2005.