Faculty Travel Awards
In 2016, CGHSR awarded our first Faculty Travel Awards for travel in Spring-Summer 2017 to further global health research collaborations in Thailand and Uganda. Learn more about the recipients.
The next round of funding is expected to open late summer or early fall 2017. Check back for updates.
2016 Factuly Travel Award Details
To further University of Minnesota global health research collaborations through supporting related faculty travel.
Funds are available to cover travel expenses for University of Minnesota AHC faculty members to an AHC Hub (Uganda or Thailand) during the 2016 – 2017 academic year. Allowable expenses include airfare, visas, accommodation, ground transportation, and per diem.
The award will likely not cover all travel expenses. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate some financial commitment from their department or another source.
Maximum allowable amount: $2,000. Three to four awards are anticipated.
University of Minnesota AHC faculty are eligible to apply.
Priority Funding Areas
- Proposals that include an interdisciplinary component;
- Applicants who have never traveled to Uganda or Thailand for related work purposes;
- Applicants who have cultivated preliminary professional relationships in Thailand or Uganda;
- Applicants who demonstrate impact of proposed activities and connection to long-term goals;
- Applicants whose goals may not be realized without visiting the country.
Funds will not be awarded to support
- Conference attendance, unless the conference is part of a broader agenda of travel directly tied to collaborative research goals.
- Travel outside of Uganda or Thailand
- Student travel
Recipients will submit a report on their activities and future plans for continued collaboration within 60 days of completing travel. Recipients are encouraged to engage with the CGHSR team and Hubs as they implement future collaborative efforts.
Applications are now closed. Future applications will request the following information:
- Name, faculty rank, department, AHC college;
- Travel plans (include cities/regions and expected dates of travel);
- Purpose of travel, including institutions you will visit and/or individuals you plan to meet;
- Description of how the travel will serve to advance your collaborative research goals;
- Travel budget and any expected departmental contributions.