Second Place at Emory!
Again this year, the team that represented the University of Minnesota at the International Emory Global Health Case Competition impressed the judges and brought home the best place of any UMN team yet. This year's team not only took Second Place, but also tied for the Participants' Choice Award.
This year's team:
Meena Murugappan, Public Health
Sailee Tambe, Public Health
Hannah Cowan, Biological Sciences
Emma Fiala, Liberal Arts
Mateo Frumholtz, Public Health
Team Coach: Bill Toscano, Public Health
CGHSR extends to thanks for everyone who helped make the 2018 Global Health Case Competition a success. Congratulations to all eleven teams who competed. After spending the week immersed in the topic of developing a palliative care system for either Indonesia or Papua New Guinea, teams made their presentations to a panel of expert judges. The winning team now goes on to compete in the Emory University International Global Health Case Competition March 10 -17.
First Place - Team 6
Congratulations to Team 6 for their first place win! We wish them luck as they begin to prepare for the Emory International Global Health Case Competition.
- Meena Murugappan, Public Health
- Sailee Tambe, Public Health
- Hannah Cowan, Biological Sciences
- Emma Fiala, Liberal Arts
- Mateo Frumholtz, Public Health
- Team Coach: Bill Toscano, Public Health
Runners Up - Team 2
- Samuel Lee, Science and Engineering
- TaeJun Park, Biological Sciences
- Augustus Pendleton, Biological Sciences
- Virginia Pendleton, Public Health
- Pushkar Chaubal, Mangement
- Tiffany Cheng, Liberal Arts
- Team Coach: Fred Rose, Institute on the Environment
Runners Up - Team 5
- David Begelman, Biological Sciences
- Rachel Astashinsky, Science and Engineering
- Abhi Ramesh, Liberal Arts
- Shray Malik, Biological Sciences
- Team Coach: Jess Roberts, Public Health
Thank you, judges and coaches!
A special thanks to our diverse and esteemed 2018 judging and coaching teams. We are always amazed and grateful for the many volunteered hours you commit.