India: Mysore Placement
Dates and Location
Flexible dates in 2017 & 2018 in and around Mysore, India
Participate in a 2 to 4-week project related to public health, health care delivery and/or other community activities. Dr. Prasad will interview applicants to discuss the placement opportunity as it connects to the applicant's goals. This opportunity is intended to follow the India: Global Health, Globalization & Leadership Course, although other arrangements are possible.
Options vary, based on the goals of the student:
Open to graduate and professional students (post-baccalaureate). Proficiency in the local language (Kannada) or the national language (Hindi) is not required.
If not also participating in the India: Global Health, Globalization & Leadership Course, you must have other previous international travel experience and previous course work related to global health, social determinants of health, and cultural competence.
Housing will depend on placement. Living quarters will likely be in double-occupancy, dorm-style rooms.
1. Send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following:
- A short biography
- What are your goals for a Placement?
- What dates are you considering?
- What academic requirements are you trying to meet with this experience?
- How have you met the pre-requisites?
2. We will contact you to set up an interview with Dr. Prasad to discuss your goals.
3. Complete formal application
This program is offered in partnership with the Vivekananda Institute of Indian Studies (VIIS), a Swami Vivekananda Youth Movement (SVYM) initiative. They have worked in the fields of health, public health, advocacy, and education in southern India for three decades, and have educational collaborations with institutes of higher education around the world.